can you believe I’m back in less than 10 days?? wow, who am I.
It’s because I want to post a bit more regularly this year so this is the start of that beautiful journey. Much easier said than done but we can ignore that.
Today’s post is an 🎂 introvert appreciation 🎂 post (sorry the cakes were uncalled for) because basically everyone praises extroverts but lol it’s not my fault I’m unable to talk to people, I’m just literally built like that. I was booorn this waaaaay. I really hope you heard that in Lady Gaga’s voice.
** by the way I’m re reading this post and I realise I painted myself in kind of a weird light so just letting you know I am quite normal in person
Let me start off with the super glamorous struggles.
- Phone calls: dude I don’t know if this is just me but I HATE phone calls. I literally hate them. I don’t mind texting or like video calling but only hearing somebody’s voice is pure torture and I don’t know why. Omg especially when it’s like someone’s birthday who you don’t know that well and you have to wish them on the phone and you’ve finished all the basic questions like what did you do, what cake did you get etc. and then YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY. Pure pain.
- Can’t start conversations, even if you want to: It’s weird because most of the time I do enjoy talking to others but if I have to start the conversation, it’s not gonna happen. It’s even worse when you’re in a group conversation but you don’t know the people very well so you kinda wait for them to invite you into the conversation. People who notice and do that are literal angels and I’m forever grateful for their existance.
- Being around people for too long is so draining: After any kind of party or social gathering I literally feel like all the energy has been sucked out of me. Bonus points if majority of the people you were around are extroverts. I was hanging out with like 5-6 friends a while ago and all of them were super chatty and extroverted people and for that reason I barely said a word that day but also when I came back home I was so so done lol. I just journaled and went to sleep ☺️
- LOVING alone time: my family always gets so confused when I tell them that I enjoy being by myself but it’s honestly the best. Like, I could spend a whole day without any company and I would’ve been completely content at any given moment. For that reason, at the beginning of the pandemic I was SO HAPPY not having to meet people. lol that sounds a bit sad. I do love hanging out with others but I also love myself hehe.
- Wishing you were extroverted 😔: the final struggle that we all know all too well… wishing you were more social and a better communicator and all that jazz. Kinda sucks but what can you do about it, amiright?
SO here are some positives of introvertedness
- A good listener because you generally don’t have tons to say
- Thinking before speaking which saves you from so many situations
- I don’t know how this is related but literally every introvert I’ve ever known or heard of is more creative, it’s just science (don’t quote me on that part tho)
- Choosing good quality friends over a high quantity of friends because firstly, you don’t want that many people and secondly, you’re kinda picky so you’ll pick someone good
- Soooo much more independent, this is great cause I hate asking people for help anywayyssss
I really hope you liked reading this post because I definitely enjoyed ranting.
Any introverts I want to know which if you relate to these very fun things and if you have any important ones that I should add (I know I’ve forgotten like 5 honestly). And whether you are an introvert or not, talk to me in the comments about literally anything! Tell me your favourite and least favourite food and why.
Lots of love, Hreem xx
(p.s. please check out my covers it would mean the world ☺️)