Happy international women’s day to all my lovely blog readers!!
sending so much love and respect to all the very amazing women out there and to YOU too if you are one. to all the women on the frontlines during the pandemic: thank you so much.
it’s a good day to celebrate all the strong women you know and all the female accomplishments that deserve a round of applause. so here are some great women throughout history!
(all women are queens but I can’t list them all here you know 🙄😔)
- Marie Curie: Discoveries about radioactivity which were really helpful in developing X-rays that are in every hospital today
- Maria Beasley: Invented foldable and fireproof life rafts which were used on the Titanic and saved over 700 lives
- Mary A. Delaney: Invented retractable dog leashes (definitely need to thank her for that lols)
- Queen Elizabeth II: The world’s longest running monarch
- Malala Yousafzai: Youngest person ever to win the Nobel Peace Prize (when she was 14!!) activist for female education
- Joan of Arc: Led the French army and won
- Sarojini Naidu: A freedom fighter and poet who helped found the Women’s India Association
- Amelia Earheart: First female pilot to fly across the Atlantic ocean
- Amrita Priam: A feminist and inclusive writer and poet
- Hedy Lamarr: Co-invented a radio signaling device which was important in developing our wireless communication today
- Althea Gibson: First African-American woman to play at Wimbledon
- Meryl Streep: Most Oscar nominations
- Kamala Harris: First female vice-president (who also happens to be African-American and South Asian)
So yeah…there they are.
There are so many more women in every field these days and so many who are now realising that they are actual prettu powerful and independent and amazing on their own which is amazing.
Keep fighting gender roles and stereotypes and ignoring some unnecessary opinions and saying what you feel and empowering other women. WOooo. 🎉 🎊
AND A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE AWESOME AND INSPIRING WOMEN IN MY LIFE LIKE MY GRANDMAS AND AUNTS AND COUSINS AND BEST FRIENDS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MY AMAZING MOMMMMMMM 💖☺️🌷👑✨💐
let me know what women in your life inspire you!! it can even be celebrities!! literally anyone lolll!!!!!
Love, Hreem xo