Have you ever been to Starbucks and ordered a frappuccino? They’re like, these really delicious milkshake kinda things and in my opinion (don’t lash out at me or anything) I think that the Starbucks ones are the best. But they are sold in lots of cafes and many people can have different preferences.
Over the weekend one of my best friends came over (hey Mia) and we had a girls night doing what you do; watching movies while snacking, photoshoots, going to the mall, and Starbucks.
In the fall season, they have a flavour called ‘Pumpkin Spice Latte’ which I’m sure many of you have tried and loved ♥️ Basically I had never tried it so I tried it on Friday with Mia but I didn’t really like it. It was good, not gonna lie, but it wasn’t my kinda flavour. So I just gave it to her and had a trusty ‘Mocha Chocolate Chip’.
Of course, after that, we had a photoshoot ↑↑↑ And I’ll show some more pics laterrrr!
Fav Starbucks drink?
It’s no surprise for my Instagram followers that I am in London (yes, again).
But for those who don’t know…
I’M IN LONDON !
This is the third time I’m visiting but it always has this nice charm because all parts are completely different. We also found a few cute nooks in the street which aren’t very popular but are still really amazing :).
One place we found was Dominique Ansel bakery while we were walking the streets and I was instantly attracted to it once I saw the cute floral decor outside. There was also a sign advertising What-a-Melon so we went in 🍉
The What-a-Melon is a slice of watermelon where some of the inside is chopped out and replaced with a watermelon sorbet and instead of seeds there are chocolate chips. The first bite I was like “uuuuh this isn’t really great….at all” but soon it started to taste like a mixed sorbet of watermelon and strawberry so it was really my kind of flavour! I do recommend this bakery in general but I also think that this Watermelon dessert is a tad bit (UK is rubbing off on me) overrated; still great for the ‘gram tho!
So up there are the pics from the bakery 👆🏼
What are the best/underrated places you know?
So sorry for not posting in a whole WEEK! I have this huge lab report due and my week has been pretty shambolic so please excuse me because I have some great blog ideas coming up!
I haven’t ever tried or even thought about trying to do this but I saw it on a few blogs when I was running out of blog post ideas and thought that it would be a pretty fun idea!
So here it is, me writing about two things that I’m really loving at the moment; doesn’t just have to be beauty products!
Mentha Lip Shine
This isn’t a Bath & Body Works product but that’s where I got it from so yeeaaahh….. I love this so so much because it’s pretty glossy, has a nice flavour, moisturizes your lips a bit, and gives you a tingling sensation in your lips which feels pretty good. Another amazing thing about this product is that it was only 10 dirhams!!! ( approx $3 or 2 pounds/euros ) Also, the packaging is nice so I definitely recommend this lipgloss ♥️
Jordan’s Fruesli Bars
I’ve never actually reviewed a food item, but, well… there’s a first time for everything! Judging by the name you can probably tell that this is a fruit muesli bar but it actually tastes super delicious. I’m not sure how healthy it is but I like to have it as a snack every now and then! This also comes as a cereal with little fruits in it and it’s amazing. If you can get these in a supermarket or store somewhere near you, I definitely recommend you give it a go ♥️ ( yes I used a heart again 🙂 )
What product are you currently in love with?
Already?! It’s not even spring yet gurrl!!!
I know, I know, it’s still winter, don’t worry about me…yet.
Firstly can we celebrate the fact that I am now chiclifethrumylens.com! No .wordpress.com. This may not be the coolest thing for you but it’s awesome for me so pls don’t burst my bubble.
Anywhoo, this is a recipe for you guys who plan your drinks early (i.e. me); if you don’t do it yet, I think you should probably start creating your summer drinks list. So here I’ve started you off with a Strawberry lemonade smoothie which is soooo refreshing!
Makes: 1|Time to Make: 7 mins|Difficulty: Super easy
What you’ll need to make this amazing drink:
- 5-6 strawberries
- ½ a tiny lemon (trust me, they’re very sour)
- Around 3⁄4 cup milk
- A few spoons of sugar
- These measurements are not exact because they are for you to play around with and find the perfect taste for yourself!
How to make it:
- Cut your strawberries into halves and put them into a blender.
- Squeeze out the juice of your lemon half and add that to the blender as well, then blend.
- Now add your milk and sugar in the blender and blend it once again.
- Taste your smoothie and see what else you need to add to make a taste you like.
E N J O Y ! ! !
Do you prefer smoothies with milk or without?
DO NOT EAT COOKIE DOUGH!!!
That is what everyone says and that is because eating the raw egg isn’t the best thing ever; as in it’s terrible. But since I don’t eat egg anyway, I can (and do) eat my normal chocolate chip cookie dough without baking it. Are you ready? YESSIMREADYYYY:
|Makes: 2|Making Time: 5-10 mins|Difficulty: Vvvvv easy|
You Shall Need-
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
How To Make It-
- Mix/mush together your butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Then mix in your 1 tablespoon of milk. When mixed, slowly add flour 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a texture that feels a bit like cookie dough. If the measurements aren’t enough, you can always add a bit more flour or milk if the consistency isn’t right.
- Now, the best part, CHOCOLATE CHIPS! Slowly mix in the chocolate chips until you have your desired amount. Try not to consume half of the chocolate chips before they are in the dough!
Have you ever tried cookie dough? Thoughts?
As you may know from my last post, my friend Noelle came over for a week, and she doesn’t live in Dubai.
We had found a recipe for Starbucks hot chocolate ages ago and now we couldn’t find it so we tried improvising and it turned out really well. Even if you don’t have hot chocolate powder/mix. Here’s the recipe:
Starbucks Hot Chocolate
Makes: 2 | Total Time: 3-5 mins | Difficulty: Vv Easy
You Will Need:
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add cocoa, sugar and water into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about seconds or until it’s warm. Mix well to create a good syrup-like consistency with no lumps. Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Heat in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds or until hot.
- Now you can enjoy your delicious Starbucks-like hot chocolate anytime.
Thoughts on Starbucks?
This weekend my BFFL came for a visit ( thisprettygirlslife.wordpress.com ) and we had dinner at Bianca Mozzarella & Co. and the food was super delicious.
My favourite dish was ‘Penna Alla Siciliano’, it’s a dish which has penne, tomato sauce, mozzarella and eggplant. We also ordered a ‘Burrata in a Jar’ which was absolutely scrumptious, there was so much cheese and some delicious tomatoes and leaves. Leaves? Probably not so delicious, but, give them a chance.
My least favourite dish was the pizza, which was supposed to have mushrooms and truffle but there was literally no truffle on the pizza, which was quite disappointing.
Noelle was suddenly addicted to my camera so she took loads of pictures of me, the ones of the food were taken by me though.
What’s your favourite Italian dish?
It’s Hreem again 🙂
Obviously, who else would it be?
Today I’m here with a recipe for Lemon cupcakes, and they are just delicious 😋 I know I haven’t posted anything in a while so I’ll post a lush haul soon. How about that?!
These cupcakes taste super good, and they are kind of tangy, citrusy and basically lemony, so I think you get the point.
Now… to the recipe, let’s go!
P.S. I am a vegetarian, and I don’t eat eggs so this recipe will not include eggs. Sorry if I disappointed you, but it actually doesn’t taste that different, trust me, I have tasted cupcakes with eggs in them before.
Lemon Cupcakes Recipe:
You Will Need-
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Oil (any kind, it doesn’t really matter)
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, this one is optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners or just spray the tray with a nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Now put all the dry ingredients (except the lemon zest and sugar) in a bowl and stir until it is well incorporated.
- In another bowl, take the oil and sugar. Mix the two together, and they should form a wet, sandy texture.
- Then add all the other ingredients and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix very well until combined.
- Divide all the batter equally into the muffin tray or cupcake liners.
- Place the cupcakes into the (preheated) oven and bake for approximately 20 mins, or till a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Now you can ice (with icing) or decorate your muffins however you want. Bon appetit!
What’s your favourite dessert?
Bye, Y’all 😉
(That’s what my English teacher says, she’s American)