I haven’t done a recipe post in a while and I recently came across this one which is reaaallly fab so I thought why not share it with you guys?
I really love food and cooking and pasta (and I’m a vegetarian btw), so this recipe is perfect for amateur cooks like me who like to make food. Another thing, many people assume that if gnocchi doesn’t have egg it tastes extremely weird but some of my friends have tasted it and according to them it tastes the same. and you don’t mess with the experts.
Serves: 4 | Time to make: 30 mins | Difficulty: simple-dimple
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
How To Make It:
- Firstly, boil the potatoes (in boiling water, duh) until they are soft enough to mash and grate.
- Then wait until they are a little less hot and peel off the skin.
- Little by little, start adding in some flour and mix it until it is fully incorporated into the potatoes. Here’s the thing: I have no clue how much flour to add! This is becasue it depends on how soft you like your gnocchi. Basically, keep adding flour until it isn’t as sticky as before (but it will still be a bit sticky, don’t overdo the flour).
- So then, sprinkle flour onto the counter where you will shape the gnocchi pieces. Take a chunk of dough and roll it into a long strand as thick as you’d like. Cut the strand into little pieces.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and let it boil. When it starts to bubble, drop one or two pieces of the gnocchi as a test run. When the pieces float to the top you can remove them. Now taste to see if you need to add more of anything and then do the rest of the batch!
- Finally, make the sauce of your choice (arabbiata, alfredo, pesto, whatever) and mix it in with the gnocchi. Then eat and enjoy!
P.S. If you have extra gnocchi left over just store it in the fridge 😉
Hope you try this recipe out; if you do, make sure to comment and tell me how it went!
What was your worst cooking disaster?