I hope everything is going okay and that you are, staying home.
I know it’s really boring being at home but it’s better to be bored than get the virus, I’m sure. Plus there are so many people working on the frontline who are doing so much that it’s rude of us to go out and risk everything.
Since you have so much time at home here is a really great, eggless recipe for chocolate cookies that I really love and you probably will too. It’s really not that hard so try it!!
Serves: at least 12 (depending on the size) || Time: 50 mins || Difficulty: Medium
- 1 and 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
How To Make It:
- Firstly, make sure to preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a large bowl and then keep the bowl to the side.
- Beat your butter, vanilla extract and sugar in a smaller bowl. Once it is much softer, add in the milk and mix until softened.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix them together until they form a dough. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- To make sure the dough isn’t very soft, leave it in the fridge for about 20 mins.
- Once the dough is cool, make small balls out of the dough and place them on the baking tray, slightly pressed down with enough space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for around 10-15 minutes but not too long or else they’ll be too crunchy.
- Eat them whenever you want! But obviously not as soon as they come out of the oven because that’ll burn.
I hope you try out this recipe because it tastes really great and it’s not too difficult. If you do try it, please let me know how it went ☺️
Love, Hreem xx
(p.s. it would mean a lot if you checked out my covers)
I haven’t done a recipe post in a while and I recently came across this one which is reaaallly fab so I thought why not share it with you guys?
I really love food and cooking and pasta (and I’m a vegetarian btw), so this recipe is perfect for amateur cooks like me who like to make food. Another thing, many people assume that if gnocchi doesn’t have egg it tastes extremely weird but some of my friends have tasted it and according to them it tastes the same. and you don’t mess with the experts.
Serves: 4 | Time to make: 30 mins | Difficulty: simple-dimple
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
How To Make It:
- Firstly, boil the potatoes (in boiling water, duh) until they are soft enough to mash and grate.
- Then wait until they are a little less hot and peel off the skin.
- Little by little, start adding in some flour and mix it until it is fully incorporated into the potatoes. Here’s the thing: I have no clue how much flour to add! This is becasue it depends on how soft you like your gnocchi. Basically, keep adding flour until it isn’t as sticky as before (but it will still be a bit sticky, don’t overdo the flour).
- So then, sprinkle flour onto the counter where you will shape the gnocchi pieces. Take a chunk of dough and roll it into a long strand as thick as you’d like. Cut the strand into little pieces.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and let it boil. When it starts to bubble, drop one or two pieces of the gnocchi as a test run. When the pieces float to the top you can remove them. Now taste to see if you need to add more of anything and then do the rest of the batch!
- Finally, make the sauce of your choice (arabbiata, alfredo, pesto, whatever) and mix it in with the gnocchi. Then eat and enjoy!
P.S. If you have extra gnocchi left over just store it in the fridge 😉
Hope you try this recipe out; if you do, make sure to comment and tell me how it went!
What was your worst cooking disaster?
So sorry for not posting in a whole WEEK! I have this huge lab report due and my week has been pretty shambolic so please excuse me because I have some great blog ideas coming up!
I haven’t ever tried or even thought about trying to do this but I saw it on a few blogs when I was running out of blog post ideas and thought that it would be a pretty fun idea!
So here it is, me writing about two things that I’m really loving at the moment; doesn’t just have to be beauty products!
Mentha Lip Shine
This isn’t a Bath & Body Works product but that’s where I got it from so yeeaaahh….. I love this so so much because it’s pretty glossy, has a nice flavour, moisturizes your lips a bit, and gives you a tingling sensation in your lips which feels pretty good. Another amazing thing about this product is that it was only 10 dirhams!!! ( approx $3 or 2 pounds/euros ) Also, the packaging is nice so I definitely recommend this lipgloss ♥️
Jordan’s Fruesli Bars
I’ve never actually reviewed a food item, but, well… there’s a first time for everything! Judging by the name you can probably tell that this is a fruit muesli bar but it actually tastes super delicious. I’m not sure how healthy it is but I like to have it as a snack every now and then! This also comes as a cereal with little fruits in it and it’s amazing. If you can get these in a supermarket or store somewhere near you, I definitely recommend you give it a go ♥️ ( yes I used a heart again 🙂 )
What product are you currently in love with?
Already?! It’s not even spring yet gurrl!!!
I know, I know, it’s still winter, don’t worry about me…yet.
Firstly can we celebrate the fact that I am now chiclifethrumylens.com! No .wordpress.com. This may not be the coolest thing for you but it’s awesome for me so pls don’t burst my bubble.
Anywhoo, this is a recipe for you guys who plan your drinks early (i.e. me); if you don’t do it yet, I think you should probably start creating your summer drinks list. So here I’ve started you off with a Strawberry lemonade smoothie which is soooo refreshing!
Makes: 1|Time to Make: 7 mins|Difficulty: Super easy
What you’ll need to make this amazing drink:
- 5-6 strawberries
- ½ a tiny lemon (trust me, they’re very sour)
- Around 3⁄4 cup milk
- A few spoons of sugar
- These measurements are not exact because they are for you to play around with and find the perfect taste for yourself!
How to make it:
- Cut your strawberries into halves and put them into a blender.
- Squeeze out the juice of your lemon half and add that to the blender as well, then blend.
- Now add your milk and sugar in the blender and blend it once again.
- Taste your smoothie and see what else you need to add to make a taste you like.
E N J O Y ! ! !
Do you prefer smoothies with milk or without?
As you may know from my last post, my friend Noelle came over for a week, and she doesn’t live in Dubai.
We had found a recipe for Starbucks hot chocolate ages ago and now we couldn’t find it so we tried improvising and it turned out really well. Even if you don’t have hot chocolate powder/mix. Here’s the recipe:
Starbucks Hot Chocolate
Makes: 2 | Total Time: 3-5 mins | Difficulty: Vv Easy
You Will Need:
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add cocoa, sugar and water into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about seconds or until it’s warm. Mix well to create a good syrup-like consistency with no lumps. Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Heat in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds or until hot.
- Now you can enjoy your delicious Starbucks-like hot chocolate anytime.
Thoughts on Starbucks?
This weekend my BFFL came for a visit ( thisprettygirlslife.wordpress.com ) and we had dinner at Bianca Mozzarella & Co. and the food was super delicious.
My favourite dish was ‘Penna Alla Siciliano’, it’s a dish which has penne, tomato sauce, mozzarella and eggplant. We also ordered a ‘Burrata in a Jar’ which was absolutely scrumptious, there was so much cheese and some delicious tomatoes and leaves. Leaves? Probably not so delicious, but, give them a chance.
My least favourite dish was the pizza, which was supposed to have mushrooms and truffle but there was literally no truffle on the pizza, which was quite disappointing.
Noelle was suddenly addicted to my camera so she took loads of pictures of me, the ones of the food were taken by me though.
What’s your favourite Italian dish?