So sorry for not posting in a whole WEEK! I have this huge lab report due and my week has been pretty shambolic so please excuse me because I have some great blog ideas coming up!
I haven’t ever tried or even thought about trying to do this but I saw it on a few blogs when I was running out of blog post ideas and thought that it would be a pretty fun idea!
So here it is, me writing about two things that I’m really loving at the moment; doesn’t just have to be beauty products!
Mentha Lip Shine
This isn’t a Bath & Body Works product but that’s where I got it from so yeeaaahh….. I love this so so much because it’s pretty glossy, has a nice flavour, moisturizes your lips a bit, and gives you a tingling sensation in your lips which feels pretty good. Another amazing thing about this product is that it was only 10 dirhams!!! ( approx $3 or 2 pounds/euros ) Also, the packaging is nice so I definitely recommend this lipgloss ♥️
Jordan’s Fruesli Bars
I’ve never actually reviewed a food item, but, well… there’s a first time for everything! Judging by the name you can probably tell that this is a fruit muesli bar but it actually tastes super delicious. I’m not sure how healthy it is but I like to have it as a snack every now and then! This also comes as a cereal with little fruits in it and it’s amazing. If you can get these in a supermarket or store somewhere near you, I definitely recommend you give it a go ♥️ ( yes I used a heart again 🙂 )
What product are you currently in love with?
Already?! It’s not even spring yet gurrl!!!
I know, I know, it’s still winter, don’t worry about me…yet.
Firstly can we celebrate the fact that I am now chiclifethrumylens.com! No .wordpress.com. This may not be the coolest thing for you but it’s awesome for me so pls don’t burst my bubble.
Anywhoo, this is a recipe for you guys who plan your drinks early (i.e. me); if you don’t do it yet, I think you should probably start creating your summer drinks list. So here I’ve started you off with a Strawberry lemonade smoothie which is soooo refreshing!
Makes: 1|Time to Make: 7 mins|Difficulty: Super easy
What you’ll need to make this amazing drink:
- 5-6 strawberries
- ½ a tiny lemon (trust me, they’re very sour)
- Around 3⁄4 cup milk
- A few spoons of sugar
- These measurements are not exact because they are for you to play around with and find the perfect taste for yourself!
How to make it:
- Cut your strawberries into halves and put them into a blender.
- Squeeze out the juice of your lemon half and add that to the blender as well, then blend.
- Now add your milk and sugar in the blender and blend it once again.
- Taste your smoothie and see what else you need to add to make a taste you like.
E N J O Y ! ! !
Do you prefer smoothies with milk or without?
DO NOT EAT COOKIE DOUGH!!!
That is what everyone says and that is because eating the raw egg isn’t the best thing ever; as in it’s terrible. But since I don’t eat egg anyway, I can (and do) eat my normal chocolate chip cookie dough without baking it. Are you ready? YESSIMREADYYYY:
|Makes: 2|Making Time: 5-10 mins|Difficulty: Vvvvv easy|
You Shall Need-
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
How To Make It-
- Mix/mush together your butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Then mix in your 1 tablespoon of milk. When mixed, slowly add flour 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a texture that feels a bit like cookie dough. If the measurements aren’t enough, you can always add a bit more flour or milk if the consistency isn’t right.
- Now, the best part, CHOCOLATE CHIPS! Slowly mix in the chocolate chips until you have your desired amount. Try not to consume half of the chocolate chips before they are in the dough!
Have you ever tried cookie dough? Thoughts?
As you may know from my last post, my friend Noelle came over for a week, and she doesn’t live in Dubai.
We had found a recipe for Starbucks hot chocolate ages ago and now we couldn’t find it so we tried improvising and it turned out really well. Even if you don’t have hot chocolate powder/mix. Here’s the recipe:
Starbucks Hot Chocolate
Makes: 2 | Total Time: 3-5 mins | Difficulty: Vv Easy
You Will Need:
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add cocoa, sugar and water into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about seconds or until it’s warm. Mix well to create a good syrup-like consistency with no lumps. Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Heat in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds or until hot.
- Now you can enjoy your delicious Starbucks-like hot chocolate anytime.
Thoughts on Starbucks?
This weekend my BFFL came for a visit ( thisprettygirlslife.wordpress.com ) and we had dinner at Bianca Mozzarella & Co. and the food was super delicious.
My favourite dish was ‘Penna Alla Siciliano’, it’s a dish which has penne, tomato sauce, mozzarella and eggplant. We also ordered a ‘Burrata in a Jar’ which was absolutely scrumptious, there was so much cheese and some delicious tomatoes and leaves. Leaves? Probably not so delicious, but, give them a chance.
My least favourite dish was the pizza, which was supposed to have mushrooms and truffle but there was literally no truffle on the pizza, which was quite disappointing.
Noelle was suddenly addicted to my camera so she took loads of pictures of me, the ones of the food were taken by me though.
What’s your favourite Italian dish?