Please excuse my extremely long absence (I am quite ashamed don’t worry), I’ve just had tons of tests and assignments and events and the SAT so… yeah. It’s a lot.
Other than all the work though, this year has been pretty fun so far. I mean I’ve hung out with my friends significantly more than I did last year and I would consider that a big win.
ALSO Taylor Swift kicked off her Eras Tour a week ago and I have never been more jealous of anyone than I am of the people who get to go to the tour. From the videos I’ve seen so far, the outfits are gorgeous, the production is actually incredible (the visuals ohmy and the transition from Don’t Blame Me to Look What You Made Me Do is so … wow), the setlist is perfect (she missed a few icons but I’ll live) and yeah it’s just so amazing. I wanna go.
Anyways, let’s get to the topic of this blog post. I recently saw a post on Pinterest or something where the person was listing some small moments in their life that made them happy and called it “the magic of everyday life” and I thought that was super cute so here is me listing small things in my life at the moment that make me very happy:
- Going to get ice cream on a random Tuesday (it feels more special when it’s not on the weekend)
- Seeing a really pretty sunrise when I go for a morning run (on the rare occasion that I decide to go)
- Listening to music while walking to school in the morning and feeling like the main character
- Seeing this one specific stray cat who walks with me as I make my way back from school
- When it’s a special day or something (like Valentine’s day) so me and my friends bring chocolate to school for each other
- Wearing fancy perfume on a normal day (there’s just something about it)
- Doing good on a test I thought I failed (spent a whole lesson holding back tears for what)
- Studying for a bio test at Starbucks with my friend Yana
- Having some hot chocolate (my favourite thing ever)
- Finding a new song that I love so much I want to listen to it on repeat for days
- Going out with my friends (or just hanging out with my friends in general)
- Drinking peppermint tea with my mom every night before sleeping (doing that as we speak)
- Eating peanut M&Ms
- Wearing an outfit + doing my hair and maybe makeup and feeling very pretty
I actually thoroughly enjoyed writing that list, it made me romanticise my life a bit more instead of focusing on all the negatives (like the assignments I’m blissfully avoiding right now so I can write this blog post). So I recommend you do the same once in a while and do the things on your list more often (if they’re in your control of course, you can’t really force a pretty sunrise).
So, as always, talk to me in the comments!! Tell me some small things in your everyday life that make you happy. I think the concept is so cute and sweet so I’d love to read what you have to say too 🏼
Song rec. of the post: Mess It Up by Gracie Abrams. I randomly remembered that this song exists like a few weeks ago and have been listening to it constantly since. I really love this song because the chorus feels so dramatic to listen to and sing along to. I also really love the bridge and how the two parts layer over each other at the end. All in all, it makes me feel like I’m in a movie so GO listen to it and let me know what you think 😚