Before I start ANYTHING I just wanna let you guys know that my best friend Simran created her own blog and you should go check it outtt!! If you like fashion, music, reading (especially reading) and are a teenager I know you’ll love her so go give Simmy’s Little Life a read, comment and follow 🥰 merci
Harry finally decided to release his third album!! 😩
Harry’s House released on the 20th of May and I listened to it with my mom in the kitchen before I did my last exam in the hopes that it would improve my vibes. It kind of did not because some of the songs were a little sad (looking at Matilda and Little Freak right now) but mainly because I wasn’t a huge fan of the album after the first listen 😭
It’s okay though that happens with albums sometimes. I listened to it a few more times later and I now LOVE the album, there isn’t a single song on it that I wouldn’t wanna listen to. I also feel like some of the songs give me One Direction vibes or have parallels with One Direction songs which is cute. The only thing that I don’t love is that there weren’t any lyrics that really stuck out to me 😔 This could just be me but I feel like almost all of the lyrics are pretty average or just so cryptic to the point where you’re like did he even have a meaning in mind while writing this because I have no clue what he’s trying to say.
- The intro of ‘Music For A Sushi Restaurant’ sounds like the singing fish from The Lorax and I just find that hilarious. I wasn’t a fan of the song at first but it’s a vibe now.
- I really loved ‘Late Night Talking’ when he performed it at Coachella and I love the studio version even more. It’s just such a fun song to dance around to.
- The chorus of ‘Grapejuice’ sounds like ‘Gotta Be You’ by 1D. Someone had to say it.
- As It Was is the first ever lead single that is one of my favourites from the album. Like usually lead singles get annoying or boring but I rank AIW in my top 3 of Harry’s House.
- Daylight isn’t really one of my favourites but I do enjoy listening to it still.
- I absolutely LOVE Little Freak. Not really sure why that’s what he decided to name the song because the vibe is completely different. I’m so obsessed with the chorus I literally can’t stop listening to it 😭
- Matilda is quite sad ☹️ One of the lyrics gave me slight chills when I first listened to it but I can’t remember which so that’s annoying, really love the song though.
- I don’t know what Harry was thinking putting Cinema right after Matilda because that transition gave me major whiplash. While I have no idea what he’s trying to say with this song (after reading some of the theories I think it’s better to be oblivious), it’s one of my favourites on the album and I really like this different vibe he’s going with.
- Daydreaming and Keep Driving feel slightly similar to me and I have no idea why. But I think they’re both great songs to listen to while driving next to a beach in the summer because they have that chill and playful summery feel.
- Satellite was up there with Little Freak for the first few days and I just continuously listened to those two songs back to back. The bridge is my favourite part of the song, it’s just so addictive (and sounds very One Direction-y)
- Now for the only skip on the album: Boyfriends. I’m sorry but I’ve listened to this song once and once was enough. It’s just kinda boring and doesn’t stand out 😭😭 I’m sorry to anyone who likes this song but I am not one of you.
- And finallyyyyy, Love Of My Life. Many parts of this song sound super Joshua Bassett-y to me (especially the “it’s unfortunate, just coordinates” part) which I find interesting lol. I love the piano part at the end of the song, it’s one of my favourite album enders.
I decided to bring back my song ranking thing because it’s much easier with new albums so here it is for now (from favourite to least favourite):
As It Was
Late Night Talking
Love Of My Life
Music For a Sushi Restaurant
Hope you liked my mini review and feel inspired to go listen to the album because it’s quite a feel-good album in my opinion 😌.
Have you listened to Harry’s House yet? What are your favourites at the moment? What are your least favourites?? Talk to me in the comments!