Happy new year!!!
Maybe 18 days too late but I have a valid reason and that is that I had my mock exams immediately after winter break so I had to just study for a while. I mean I could have written about price elasticity or the process of aerobic respiration or something but I doubt you guys would be interested so … I didn’t.
Anyways, the point is, it’s 2022 now! 2021 was definitely a very interesting year which means it kind of sucked but also had some great moments here and there; a huge combination of things. So this post a very short one where I talk about some highlights and maybe some things I learnt in 2021?
- Improved a ton in my singing and guitar playing because I was pretty much always at home for the first 8 months
- Journaled a lot more which I always forget to do (finished 1 and a half notebooks for the first time wow)
- Came first place in my school’s talent show! The show actually happened in 2020 but I only found out I won in 2021 so it counts.
- Grew my blog a lot more (hit 200 followerssss) and finally got around to and figured out how to change the way my blog looks. I love the redesign a million times more than the old theme.
- Hung out with my cousin a ton before she left for uni 🥲
- After finally returning to school in person I realised that doing school online for a full year was terrible and I was not enjoying it as much as I thought I was (seriously why did I think I was vibing at home)
- Started learning to play the electric guitar which is SO COOL! Also got my own electric which looks and sounds amazing I’m still obsessing over it
- It rained a ton on new year’s eve and I had been waiting all year for that
- Started becoming more confident
- And lastly, one of the best parts of 2021 was making a new friend group :))))) Only one of them is actually a new friend (hi Misha if you’re reading this, which you should be) and the others I’ve known for quite a while actually but yes the combination of people is new and they’re very fun. so yep, definitely a highlight.
aand that’s everything
I mean there’s probably more but nothing else is coming to mind at the moment so I think I can leave it here.
how was your 2021? what were some of the highlights for you? as always, talk to me about those questions or literally anything else in the comments, I love to chat.
Song rec. of the post: Babe by Taylor Swift. THIS SONG has been on repeat since it came out, it is so catchy. Even my mom loves it which is slightly irrelevant but I think it’s necessary to mention. Oh and don’t even get me started on the bridge of the song 😫. Point is, listen to it and let me know what you think.
Love, Hreem xx