Happy new yearrrrr!!!
Welcome to my first post of 2023!
I can’t believe the year is finally over and for once I’m saying this in a good way. There were so many good moments that I’m extremely grateful for but also 2022 was super tiring and there were things that really..sucked. So in summary this year was the literal definition of a roller coaster and thankfully I survived.
As a rite of passage, this is my end-of-year reflection post that will be much better than my previous one. I’m splitting the year up into four parts because every 3 months felt like a different chapter and also I’m too lazy to document each month individually. Plus I mean who’d want to read such a detailed review.
January to March
- a TERRIBLE THREE MONTHS. I can’t even explain it but the vibes were so off in the first three months and my mental health was lowkey deteriorating. I genuinely cannot believe I am the same girl who experienced those three months because that was a whole trip. Anyways, personally I wouldn’t consider it the best way to start the year but maybe that’s just me (the events that took place were pretty good but as I said the vibes weren’t).
- We had our mock exams in Jan and I got a very painful 2 in one of my math criterions (out of 8, very humbling) but a 6 in my econ test (out of 7. the moment I realised I may actually be capable of slaying in econ).
- Made a music video for the 10 minute version of All Too Well with Simmy and Netra and I just wanna say that is a cinematic masterpiece and I’d post it here if I could. We also did around the kitchen in the refrigerator light in case you were wondering.
- Did 90% of my final music project in the last two weeks before the deadline (wrote and recorded the entire song an hour before) and yes I brought that upon myself but as you can see I still complain about it to this day.
- International day was cute and we wore our cute Indian clothes to school. Me and Simmy also got married that day (???). Loved it.
- Played Holi with my friends and it was way too much fun.
April to June
- Actually the best three months of the year and I can’t name one single unenjoyable thing that happened because it was just great.
- We had our last round of mocks and then the last normal month of year 11 and then our final exams which I was weirdly confident for and did not have mental breakdowns over (only one and it was for french for some reason).
- My stomach had a bad reaction to some quesadillas I ate with my friends literally 2 days before myp graduation so that was not at all fun but I made it to grad and looked good so who cares.
- PROM with my best friends and getting ready was even more fun than the event itself, as usual.
- My cousin came back from uni for the summer (if she’s reading this then ew her return was like the last thing I wanted) and it made life more entertaining.
- We got a kitten for like 2 weeks and now she belongs to my aunt but she’s a cutie and I was her first favourite person (or my mom idk).
July to September
- This was such a random in-between chapter where life just flowed and yes it was overall a pretty chill three months.
- Went to a Louis Tomlinson concerttt!! Still one of the best things to come out of this year ugh it was perfect.
- Went on a staycation with my cousins and stuff and it was WAY too hot but the beach was nice.
- We got our MYP scores/ exam results and I got a 51/56 which I was really proud of (very much hoped I’d do better but this works for now) and my friend got 56/56 which is insane (the only person in the UAE to get that this year) so YAY VARSHITAA
- Then went to India for like 10 days and had fun at a random person’s wedding and got food poisoning.
October to December
- I have a lot of good memories from these three months and they would have been the best months of the year if it wasn’t for one thing that was just the lowest part of my year (to put it in nice and simple words).
- Turned 17 and celebrated that with my friends and family. It was really nice and I was super happy 😋
- Went on the school trip to Ras Al Khaimah (already talked about that enough in the last post) and got really tanned.
- Two week trip to India with most of my cousins and family and it was extremely chaotic but it was nice to see new places and spend time with my family. We went to Odisha, Assam, and Bengal and fun fact I almost got attacked by a goat (technically no but like kinda)
- A picture me and my friends took at a mini Diwali party is becoming kinda Pinterest famous (if you count 200 saves and 18k impressions as kinda Pinterest famous) and we keep buying chocolate for ourselves whenever the post reaches a milestone. It’s such an honour honestly we are truly humbled.
So there we go, there’s my 2022 in 22 bullet points (the 22 bullet points were actually not intended but I just counted them up and it’s very cool that there are exactly 22; it’s a sign). I hope it was somewhat entertaining to read because it was quite fun for me to write.
How was 2022 for you? What were some of the highlights and some things you want to leave behind? What are you looking forward to this year?? Talk to me in the comments! As usual, I love to chat 😚
Song rec. of the post: Saturdays by Louis Tomlinson. Something about this song feels so personal and vulnerable and like a soft little hug. I listened to it for the first time with Simmy and when I heard it the main lyric that stood out to me was “I’ve been wondering about what you’re up to. Not for the first time, not for the last time” and I don’t know why. It reminds me a lot of Little Freak by Harry Styles in terms of the idea/message so I love the songs even more as a pairing. GO LISTEN, it’s a beautiful song.