P.S. Sorry about the super-duper long wait; my computer crashed and I had to give it in to get it repaired so I couldn’t write! (if I write it from my iPad the format is terrible)
Raise your hand if you are a certified procrastinator
Admit it, if you’re reading my blog you are probably only reading it to get away from something else you really don’t want to do. So, welcome to the Procrastinators Club! Collect your nametag at the front desk, thank you 🙂
Our end-of-year exams are coming in approximately two weeks (!!!) so I am kind of already drowning in all the revision and I probably shouldn’t be doing much writing because of that so consider this the last post you see until around June 14! I sound very excited but trust me I am NOT. I am dreading these exams, they were literally the worst things last year.
Anyways, because of this, our teachers were telling us about how to manage our studying time well and how to not procrastinate.
It’s only when you’re doing homework or revising that you realise you just have to do a Buzzfeed quiz to see if you can identify the celebrity by their foreheads (seriously why do they even have these kinds of quizzes?) I mean sure I would want my math homework to be done – in the past tense. I don’t actually want to do the homework.
Here are some top tips that have helped a master procrastinator like me:
- study for 30 mins and then take a 10 min break in between. After you’ve studied for 30 mins twice, take a longer break that is about 15-20 minutes long. It’s a teeny bit confusing but it makes sense.
- when you’re taking a break don’t do anything that gives you new information (such as checking the news, social media, watching tv shows) instead do something else like practice playing an instrument, do your nails, write in a journal.
- do your work in a place where other people can see what you’re doing and can warn you when you’re going off task.
- reward yourself for staying on task by getting something delicious to eat such as ice cream, or something healthy if you want to be healthy.
That’s not a lot but it’s all I have time for sorryyyyyy!
You’ll get much more interesting posts in the summer break so stay tuned for that ❤
related: exams over! and how to survive them when they return
I haven’t done a recipe post in a while and I recently came across this one which is reaaallly fab so I thought why not share it with you guys?
I really love food and cooking and pasta (and I’m a vegetarian btw), so this recipe is perfect for amateur cooks like me who like to make food. Another thing, many people assume that if gnocchi doesn’t have egg it tastes extremely weird but some of my friends have tasted it and according to them it tastes the same. and you don’t mess with the experts.
Serves: 4 | Time to make: 30 mins | Difficulty: simple-dimple
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
How To Make It:
- Firstly, boil the potatoes (in boiling water, duh) until they are soft enough to mash and grate.
- Then wait until they are a little less hot and peel off the skin.
- Little by little, start adding in some flour and mix it until it is fully incorporated into the potatoes. Here’s the thing: I have no clue how much flour to add! This is becasue it depends on how soft you like your gnocchi. Basically, keep adding flour until it isn’t as sticky as before (but it will still be a bit sticky, don’t overdo the flour).
- So then, sprinkle flour onto the counter where you will shape the gnocchi pieces. Take a chunk of dough and roll it into a long strand as thick as you’d like. Cut the strand into little pieces.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and let it boil. When it starts to bubble, drop one or two pieces of the gnocchi as a test run. When the pieces float to the top you can remove them. Now taste to see if you need to add more of anything and then do the rest of the batch!
- Finally, make the sauce of your choice (arabbiata, alfredo, pesto, whatever) and mix it in with the gnocchi. Then eat and enjoy!
P.S. If you have extra gnocchi left over just store it in the fridge 😉
Hope you try this recipe out; if you do, make sure to comment and tell me how it went!
What was your worst cooking disaster?
So, usually whenever anything happens I think about writing a blog post about it #thestruggleofcomingupwithpostideas
That’s quite a lot hashtag, hope it doesn’t catch on.
Anyway, I usually don’t have much to say about whatever event happened and I don’t like writing super short blog posts so I just decide to forget about it. But I really want to share a few things that happened these past 2 months so get ready for some unseen pictures and short descriptions!
In Dubai, every year we have something called RedFest, which is a two-day show with singers like Demi Lovato and The Chainsmokers. This year on the day that I went there was Jax Jones, Macklemore and Camila Cabello! I went mostly for Camila because I love all of her songs 😉 Me and my friends had loads of fun dressing up and screaming at the top of our lungs.
We had international day in school and me and two of my friends were dancing so we had to look similar and yeah, this is what we looked like! I think I cut my hair like, one day before this so it looks really nice all blowdried ♥️
We also had spirit week in school at the beginning of March. My favourite days were Twin Tuesday (where you wear the same clothes as a friend) and Throwback Thursday (dressing up as the 70s, 80s and 90s). My friends and I dressed up as the Spice Girls and I was Baby Spice 😋 We were aware that double denim is a crime but IT LOOKED FINE.
What was the best part of your March?
happy new year!
I know I know I know I haven’t posted since LAST YEAR.
I haven’t posted sunce November because I needed to take a break as I wasn’t getting any inspiration at all and I didn’t want to write some boring old post that noone would enjoy reading. But lemme just say I’m baaaaack 🙂
Those of you who’ve been reading my blog for a while will remember (or not) that last year I wrote a post about my new year’s resolutions and how I was gonna stick to them. Needless to say, they were pretty much a fail. I wanted to: write a blog post every week (pretty much stuck to that one…kinda), do homework the same day or the day after I get it (only did that for the first two months), and take my dog for a walk twice a week. Now, that one was kinda just impossible because I underestimated the amount of homework I was gonna get.
For 2019 I decided that I didn’t want to make resolutions, I just wanted goals. Like things I could achieve by the end of the year. Things like:
- learning the splits (I used to be able to do them but now I can’t)
- stick with my bullet journal
- do more exercise
- eat less sugar
Looking back, a few of them are kinda like resolutions but WHATEVER.
I read the post and I thought 2018 would be better than 2017, ha, that didn’t happen. Honestly, 2018 really wasn’t the best year as a whole but there were some great parts. I got to do so much more traveling which was exciting, and had some great times with friends.
Did you stick to your resolutions from 2018? What are your goals for 2019?
So today I got a little WordPress notification saying ‘Happy 1 Year Chic Life Thru My Lens!’ and I was like whaaat??
I didn’t even realize that one whole year has passed by since I started this blog! It’s grown so much and has gone through a few different themes and I’ve tried a bunch of different posts (I’ve deleted the worst ones). It feels like ages ago that I started this blog but at the same time it feels like just yesterday I wrote my post ‘Hello World‘.
BTW take a look at me in the picture holding the ‘1’ ballon from my ’13’ balloons from my birthday. And me wearing my Blog Queen sweater!
SO in honor of this special day I’m going to let you read that post and then…yeah. Let’s just see how this goes haha.
Or just as many people that read this I guess…
My name is Hreem, buuuut you can call me… yeah, Hreem will be fine. I’m just your average school-girl who loves food and messsing up at makeup.
I think blogging is going to be soooo exciting, like a diary I can share with the world, but I’ll have fewer details because this isn’t anonymous, as you probably realized by now.
I love taking pictures too, partly the reason why I started this blog. The other reason is that I love writing and reading, they’re pretty much a part of me, though I have a LOT of hobbies. Or maybe they’re less, who knows? But in my case I think the hobbies I have are enough, take a peek and tell me what you think
Yeah, so that’s basically why I started this blog. Wait, lemme do a little storytime. When I started my blog I originally liked to write stories and books and I just made a blog so that I could work on my writing skills and post pictures I take. But then later I started getting followers and comments and realised how much I loved this little blogging world we have and that’s how Chic Life Thru My Lens came to be.
Thank you, thank you thank you all for following me and reading my posts.
Tell me about how you started your blog!